Some digital art just look great – they’re creative, unique, and eye-pleasing in every way. These digital art can easily become “Featured Artwork” or “Popular this week/month” type of work on major art portals , attracting large amount of audiences.
But what really makes these digital art look great? In this series, I will choose some example of great artworks and break them down into details. I will show you where to look in these artworks and see how the artists enhance the overall look and feel. It is my hope that these analysis would inspire and set you on the right track for your own project.
In this first volume, 3 digital artworks were chosen from DeviantART under “Popular 1 Month”.
Great Sci-Fi themed digital art, magnificent natural landscape, and beautifully rendered high-tech machine:
- Extra details such as glowing light was added to the machine:
2. Great depth with machines stretch as far as the eyes can see:
3. Space objects such as rocks, planets, meteors were added to enhance its Sci-Fi feeling:
4. Exotic plants really bring out the beauty of the alien landscape:
5. Plants were even added to the far distant mountains, adding another level of depth:
6. Realistic painting of trailing smoke for the falling meteoroid:
7. Flying birds provide motion to the overall image:
Awesome surreal digital art, great lighting and colour. Detailed human painting for both the female and male. Great concept depicting the “Underwater Ballet”.
- The lighting/glowing effect around the female body really spice up the overall effect
2. Bubbles around the diving female give the artwork an “Underwater” effect:
3. Shadow under the male’s body enhances the lighting effect:
4. Fantastic painting of underwater plants with golden colour:
5. You can see some plants barely visible in the distance – this gives the artwork another level of depth:
Fantastic artworks depicting a post-war urban landscape, with a cool, dark colour scheme. It’s windy and snowy, a total scene of devastation with little sign of life.
- Fantastic manipulation of damaged/rusted car and building structures:
2. Evil flag hanging on the building gives the artwork an eerie feeling:
3. Snow particles were added to the sky, adding a chilled feeling to the image:
4. A lone soldier/security personnel was added to an empty street – what is he thinking when he stares down this scene of destruction?
5. Sunlight behind the highrise – the only warm colour in the whole image. This provides the image an unique feeling of hope, that future is bright:
That’s it for this post! Let me know what you think of these artworks by leaving a comment below. I hope my analysis can give an idea of why these artworks just look great.
Till next time, have a great day!